Posts tagged ‘DSLR Camera’
Nikon released a new DSLR yesterday and it is the D300s model, it is the upgraded version of D300 model which released almost 2 years ago. In fact, I plan to buy a new DSLR this year with this model in my options kit. Since Nikon released an upgrade version, I will spend some time to study the specification. Oh… not forgetting the price also. Unfortunately, I still couldn’t get any pricing yet from Nikon Malaysia website. If it fits my budget, I think I may go for it.
Those who know me may know that I owned a Canon 400D model, so why the hell do I ‘plan’ to buy Nikon? Eh… it is quite a long story but let me straight to the point. Initially, I was planning to buy Nikon but my colleague advised me that since I was a newbie, why don’t I get a second hand DSLR first and buy a new one later with the brand I want. So I took his advise and this is what happening now.
Anyway, below is the brief introduction of this new Nikon D300S model.
- High-speed performance
- Refined D-Movie
- AF system with high-density 51-point AF
- Large, bright viewfinder with approximately 100% frame coverage
- DX-format CMOS image sensor; 12.3 effective megapixels
- EXPEED image processing
- Scene Recognition System makes the most of the 1,005-pixel RGB sensor
- Dual card slots for CF/SD memory cards
- Engineered durability
- Easy-to-access Live View mode
- Quiet Shutter-release mode for nonintrusive shooting
- Active D-Lighting for smooth tone reproduction in high-contrast lighting
- Picture Control: Customize the visual style of your images
- Built-in flash with 16mm lens coverage
- Multi-Power Battery Pack MB-D10 (optional)
- Virtual Horizon that is available in Live View shooting.
- 3-in., 920-k dot high-resolution LCD monitor.
- Highly efficient energy-saving design allows as many as 950 images on a single charge of the Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL3e. (CIPA Standards)
- Nikon’s Integrated Dust Reduction System including Image Sensor Cleaning function that provides effective dust reduction.
- Versatile in-camera Retouch Menus let you enhance your images without using a computer.
- Compatible with HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) output. Type C connector (mini size) is employed.
- With the optional GPS Unit GP-1, location information such as latitude, longitude, altitude and time are automatically recorded to each image’s Exif data.
- Exclusive Nikon Software — Nikon Transfer and ViewNX software packages (supplied) for a range of basic photo browsing and editing operations; Capture NX 2, Camera Control Pro 2, and Image Authentication Software (all optional) enable more advanced operation and image editing.
Additional Nikon D300S Features
If you require more information, you can access to Nikon D300s website for more detail.
Finally, I got my new Laptop cum Digital Camera backpack today. In fact,Â I have been looking around for this type of bag because I want to take photo where ever I go, which of course, including when I am working on the road. You see, there are a lot of interesting things, people and scenery along the road you travel everyday, so since I bought my Canon 400D DSLR camera, why don’t I just carry around and take photo, right? I believe this will be very fun. 🙂
While I was looking around for the bag, I was scared off by those branded expensive bag which cost around RM 400+ to RM1K initially. But after I saw this item on the EBay, I straight away bought it with some survey and research on it. In fact, I just made the order yesterday around 1pm, and I received the bag today around the same time. This really surprised me because I thought normally it would take about 2 days time in Malaysia to deliver it to me.
Anyway, I am happy with this bag and start from today onwards, when you see someone taking photo anywhere on the road, don’t be surprise!!!
Below are some the photos of my new Kata DR-466 bag. This bag is quite spacious, it can put two Digital SLR Cameras, one with mounted lens, another 3-4 additional lens, flash, accessories and some personal gears. Besides that, its back compartment can also fits a 15″ inches laptop. It is really just my type of coffee. 🙂
This is a WPSimpleViewerGallery